" village poet

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I am quite well,thank you.
In fact enough of this girlie stuff, well apart from Barbie Videos...Prince and pauper?? Nutcracker? !!
I have discovered Thomas The Tank Engine and Ultraman


I think we have passed into:
“ Coming back”, mode

However that has raised some old interests.
We have been reduced to buying tickets from Malaysian Travel Agents to come back. This raises its own problems as we have to get to KL.
However there they seem to have understood the basic principle….I want to know if, at the price you quote, there actually ARE seats….Only recently have Travelbag discovered this important idea…and only after they were bought up. Why do most Travel Agents want to quote you a price and then tell you…sorry, full…? Thais still not got it!!

And most travel agents still cannot get their heads around the fact that you might not care which day you travel, as long as you can get on a plane..Why cann they not look at what to me is a simple request…If I cannot travel on April 1, which is the first day when seats are available….oooh..going to the moon?

Meanwhile on Thai matters!!


Thai Smiles
I don’t see much talk about this famous topic
How many Thai Smiles could you count if you could count Thai Smiles?

For a start, today, I have had or seen some of these smiles:

1 Please do not ask me this question
2.Welcome to Seven
3.Wait
4.Wait. Thai person needs something more than you. From both person ignoring queue at copy shop and cowed copyist!
5.Do you want me to go and buy you some more beer?…Better answer:No..No thank you.’.farang smile’.( Have we run out? I’ll be down the offie as soon as I have clothes and can find the key to the bike.?
6.Have you paid the phone bill?. Better have!
7.Why have you still not asked me out? I am beginning to think you are a ++++
8.Please do not ask me this question..a few more times…
9. I don’t know what the +++ I am doing here, better smile. This a very common TV appearance
10.I need some money + a bow! + another bow on receipt.
11. I have been out talking with my friends. Don’t ask. + Chuck under chin
12. Thank you so much for buying bottle whisky and four sodas. How your wife/baby?…ie. We think you are an inebriate westerner…this smile from Chinese shop, of course…followed by Farang smile…” fridge still not cold I see, bad luck!”l “Fai Dap, na?”

and as we just went out to ride the gamut of the night market..21.00
several from boys on bikes swarming the daytime police post, all together!:

13. I don’t know you. You are a farang. I think you are:

a. a shit.
b. someone I might think of robbing
c. a man of whom I am very nervous/jealous; quite like to talk to you
d. person with very pretty wife/daughters, how did you achieve that?…money? grrr!
e. ….never mind, We are Thai….

Very wide smiles……….plus lots of…Hey You…get this most nights…I speak with them..farang poot thai…more smiles, much loss of eye contact….but also never mind, farang motorbike, though 125 Honda does not have twinkly lights on number plate, nor fluorescent brake lights and anyway is silver not current fashion for lemon yellow…..