" village poet

Thursday, August 29, 2002

HEINZ MEMORIAL BIRTHDAY
So you need to know no more about the years of variety. I have put some poems onto the RS site in honour of the occasion. Particularly the one that starts ..."It was your mother wanted you"...which always contextualises anything I might think about RS.I have changed the MEE pictures site too.
But I am lucky. Rhodri is here, Elodie too and Kunjana. Rhodri asked me if I was having a 'lazy birthday'... I reflected..this was 11.30 am.... I had washed the floor, hosed the deck, washed a rucksack of damp clothes-having to bleach all the white ones-requiring three loads, wandered around with Elodie on my arm for an hour, bathed her, nipped down the road to buy Comfort, put the poems onto the site, sorted out the 'Ancestors' link and done a couple of invoices. Also put the chicken and pork into marinade for being "Barbecuted" as we call it here in honour of the original Jamaican BBQs. Rhodri had/has managed twio cigarettes, a glass of coke and Disc 1 of Resident Evil!! Plus ca change. I am not sure of the origin of that nice phrase ..'children afford you no comfort, neither young nor old' .Of course it is not true as if he was not here I would be morose! Elodie spent yesterday entranced by Ian McKellen's Gandalf beard and indeed much of the movie and spent the evening making fishy mouths trying to imitate me singing. Now demolishing ground rice and banana.