" village poet

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Is October 2 significant in some world of which I know nothing? Whatever it has come to zap me today!
Went in a taxi to the immigration office to collect my new 1 year visa..have to say was delivered last week with amazing speed...always a good idea to have have a wounded infant in arms........today...said to taxi driver apparently normal human being ...Go to Sathorn Tai/////like Wall Street...then to immigration in Soi Suan Phru...go on the motorway...so you don't get stuck in the traffic..join it at the second entrance OK?...all this in Thai......tries to enter at first entrance.....fortunately awake....NO NO second entrance///................Yeah????. Yeah........On the motorway.....Where you want leave Rama 3 or Rama 4?........me: Rama 4....unfortunately make phone call.....where the f* are you going?.....Rama 3.............me:why? when I said Rama 4....silence.
Visa: Have to come back 29. Which month? Why? ....This month! .Have to........Me: But downstairs they gave me 1 Year visa because baby is sick. Cannot come back.......Much flurry of papers.............Speak with Police Captain Immigration +Bar DSC........have to come back 29 October......Repeat stuff about kid......oh! OK come back 30 March.....2003?!......Sure? cannot Come back 30 July 2003?? ......oh OK....'Look after your baby na? She is THAI BABY'............ha ha.....yeah unlike dad....New Taxi.....Want to go to Saladaeng Underground Station OK?....OK.........Why is he trying to turn left from outside lane?? ...Me: Where are you going? Oh I go Underground Station Childlom....WHY? I dunno. ME>>>>BUT I said go Saladaeng.....Did you? oh OK .....cuts up three lanes of traffic turns left..Thomas green with fear............Go to British Embassy.....usually 300 people trying to get visas for hooker wives....but no-one upstairs in consular section......Today no one in Visa section but 300 people trying to get I dunno. what in the consular section....registration of marriages to hookers by the look of it. Must be more tattoos assembled in one room than anywhere outside of Fulham.......Ring the Embassy...........Just want their thoughts on lawyers...of which they publish lengthy lists..........OOOOOOh no we could not help you CHOOSE a lawyer............. Went to see the 'person responsible' at the Embassy...No Queue? What it is to have patrician accent!
Question:Why does the British Embassy employ Thai staff to give advice to British people who want to COMPLAIN about Thais....and as you know that is a no no..!??....You get one of those great.....I really wish I was not here, and I really wish you were not asking me this and will you please GO AWAY GRINS......followed by silence. On yer own as ever!